August 28, 2011

Shining Moment... Sort Of.

Today my Dad reminded me of one of my rather "shining" moments of life. It was 1996, and I was being interviewed by my bishop before I got baptized. My entire family was there, and as they recall, it was quite the experience..

Bishop: "Spell me your first name sweetheart so I can make sure to fill these papers out right.." 
Me: "J A Y M I E" 
Bishop: "middle name?"
Me: "M A R I...."
Entire family: (yelling much to loud for a bishops office) "NO! NO no no... she doesn't have a middle name.." 
Me: "O yeah... "
Bishop: "Ok.. last name?"
Me: "P E N T E L U T E"
Bishop: "Great! Ok jaym, what have you been doing to prepare yourself to be baptized?" 
(expecting the usual answer of, reading my scriptures, learning about the Holy Ghost, praying... ect"
Me: (long thoughtful pause) "Weeellllll... we bought got a NEEEEW dresssss, its really pretty and white, and I got some new shooooes, and we're gonna have a family paaaarty...Im so excited'
Family: (drops heads in shame) 

 (in my defense, my entire family calls me jaymie marie, and still does to this day.. and... i am who i am.. i LOVE dresses and pretty things and parties.. i just cant help it!) 


But something else that I LOVE with all my heart is this gospel. I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Lately I am especially grateful for Temples, Temple Marriage, and my marriage. Read my FAVORITE talk on marriage HERE.  
Happy Sunday!


4 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful person! This post made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. drop heads in shame...lol! this is a classic, cute story!!! we are who we are and people luv us for it!!! glad to hear you survived the summer sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that's cute!! If it makes you feel any better my family has always called me Meredith Ann but I don't have a middle name either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA i'm sooo glad you are who you are, and proud of it!

    ReplyDelete

Did I mention i LOVE comments? Thanks!! :)